Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes


Here are some cupcakes I made to test out my ideas. I am suddenly inspired to do cupcakes! These were really fun, and I am keen to do more. There are so many great cupcakes out there. I love the work of Kylie from Le Cupcake in Australia, especially her signature embossed fondant ones.
Personally, I like to use poured fondant, and am currently adapting some of my cake recipes to cupcakes. I am hoping to get started on a range of square cupcakes, or petite fours wrapped up like cupcakes. It was a great idea of my husbands, and I think it's a winner. Now I just have to get baking again!
These next few weeks are going to be quite busy, doing cakes and cookies for my daughter, Hunter's, class at school. I will be making a sea turtle cake and a mud cake for the parents, and then somehow I just decided to add turtle cookies into the mix! I must be mad.
I will upload some photos of them when they are done.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

sugar and spice and all things nice...
love the cupcakes will keep a eye out for some
funky paper cups...

Belinda said...

You are so talented, Stand proud on your work, Australia will love you!!!